Exemptia 40 mg prefilled syringe is used to treat certain types of arthritis (inflammatory disorder that typically affects the small joints in hands and feet) including -
- Ulcerative colitis : Disease that causes ulcers on the lining of the large gut.
- Crohn’s Disease : Serious inflammation of gastrointestinal tract.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) : It is a long-lasting autoimmune disease that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers.
- Psoriatic arthritis : It happens because your immune system is overactive. It affects mostly people who have psoriasis, a skin disease that's also related to the immune system.
- Ankylosing spondylitis : An inflammatory arthritis affecting the spine and large joints.
- Plaque psoriasis : Plaque psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune condition. It appears on the skin in patches of thick, red, scaly skin.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis : Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) is currently the most widely accepted term to describe various ty
WHAT IS EXEMPTIA ?
Adalimumab is a potent TNF-inhibitor and anti-inflammatory drug manufactured by Zydus Cadila. It binds to tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFα). TNFα normally binds to TNFα receptors, which leads to the inflammatory response of autoimmune diseases. By binding to TNFα, Exemptia reduces this inflammatory response. The TNF-inhibitor affects the body’s defense system, i.e. the immune system that protects the body from infection.