MEDICINE USES :
Aventis Leflunomide is used for treating rheumatoid arthritis by reducing signs and symptoms, improving physical function, and preventing the development of structural damage to the joints.
WHAT IS ARAVA ?
Arava is a pyrimidine synthesis inhibitor.
ARAVA LEFLUNOMIDE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
- nausea, upset stomach;
- abnormal liver function tests;
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat;
- rash; or
- thinning hair.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- fever, swollen glands, body aches, flu symptoms;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding;
- numbness, tingling, or burning pain in your hands or feet;
- upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- new or worsening cough with fever, trouble breathing; or
- severe skin reaction, fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.