Anastrozole Tablet is a widely recommendation medication for women who have experienced menopause as a first treatment of breast cancer that has spread within the breast. Also used for treating worsened breast cancers cased by taking tamoxifen (Nolvadex).
How should this medicine be used:
- Anastrozole comes as a tablet to take by mouth
- It is usually taken once a day with or without food
- Take anastrozole at around the same time every day
- Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take anastrozole exactly as directed
- Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor
- You may need to take anastrozole for several years or longer
- Continue to take anastrozole even if you feel well
- Do not stop taking anastrozole without talking to your doctor.