WHAT IS THE USE OF LUCRIN DEPOT 11.25 MG INJECTION ?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY LUCRIN DEPOT 11.25 MG INJECTION ?
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION OF LUCRIN DEPOT 11.25 MG INJECTION ?
- Before using leuprolide, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history
- Leuprolide may weaken your bones and increase your risk for bone loss (osteoporosis) if used for a long time
- This medication must not be used during pregnancy
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding
Luprodex is used in men to treat the symptoms of prostate cancer. It is also used in women to treat symptoms of endometriosis (overgrowth of uterine lining outside of the uterus) or uterine fibroids. It is also used to treat precocious (early-onset) puberty in both male and female children.
Luprodex overstimulates the body's own production of certain hormones, which causes that production to shut down temporarily. Leuprolide reduces the amount of testosterone in men or estrogen in women